How will changing hydrochloric acid conc affect the rate of reaction due to a change in pressure (hydrogen gas) in a reaction between magnesium ribbon and acid measured using a Pressure Sensor.
Video Tutorial on Magnesium with Acid using Pressure Sensor
Video Tutorial on Hydrogen Peroxide with catalase enzyme using Pressure Sensor
Tips for successful data collection
- use test tube of same size ( constant variable )
- measure initial rate initial average rate
- let the expt run to collect the base pressure
Initial Rate must be taken for the first 50-100s
Video Tutorial on measuring Initial Rate using linear regression in Logger Pro
Tips when using data logging with Pressure Sensor
- Make sure it is time based for 300s
- Press collect button to obtain the base line pressure
- Add magnesium ribbon or catalase enzyme
- Close the cap and pressure will build up
- ALWAYS COLLECT THE INITIAL AVEARGE RATE for first 50s
- Use linear regression to find the gradient for the first 50s
- This will represent the INITIAL AVERAGE RATE for 50s
- MUST ALWAYS TAKE INITIAL AVERAGE RATE........Why?
- If possible take instantenous rate at time zero, INITIAL RATE.
- Perform all trials and compute the initial average rate using linear regression
All the best on your IA journey.Have fun and learn along the way, find joy in what you do and do it well. If a task is once begun, never leave it till it is done. Be the labor great or small, do it well or not at all...........