How will changing hydrogen peroxide concentration affect the rate of its decomposition due to a change in pressure (oxygen) released measured with a pressure sensor.
Video tutorial on Decomposition of Hydrogen Peroxide with Catalase using Pressure Sensor
Using Logger Pro to measure the Initial Rate
Tips when using data logging with Pressure Sensor
- Make sure it is time based for 300s
- Press collect button to obtain the base line pressure
- Add magnesium ribbon or catalase enzyme
- Close the cap and pressure will build up
- ALWAYS COLLECT THE INITIAL AVERAGE RATE for first 50s
- Use linear regression to find the gradient for the first 50s
- This will represent the INITIAL AVERAGE RATE for 50s
- MUST ALWAYS TAKE INITIAL AVERAGE RATE........Why?
- If possible take instantaneous rate at time zero which is the INITIAL RATE
- Perform all trials and compute the initial average rate using linear regression
All the best on your IA journey.Have fun and learn along the way, find joy in what you do and do it well. If a task is once begun, never leave it till it is done. Be the labor great or small, do it well or not at all...........