How will changing hydrogen peroxide concentration affect the rate of enzyme catalase activity. (Partial)
How will changing hydrogen peroxide concentration affect the pressure change due to released of oxygen in a hydrogen peroxide catalased solution measured using pressure sensor.
Video tutorial on using Pressure Sensor to measure the rate of gas production.
Tips when using data logging with Pressure Sensor
- Make sure it is time based for 300s
- Press collect button to obtain the base line pressure
- Add magnesium ribbon or catalase enzyme
- Close the cap and pressure will build up
- ALWAYS COLLECT THE AVERAGE INITIAL RATE for 50s
- Use linear regression to find the gradient for the first 50s
- This will represent the AVERAGE INITIAL RATE for 50s
- MUST ALWAYS TAKE INITIAL RATE ( INSTANTANEOUS RATE AT TIME 0 )
- Perform all trials and compute the initial rate or average rate using linear regression
Video tutorial using Pressure Sensor for Gas Production Explained In Detailed
All the best on your IA journey.Have fun and learn along the way, find joy in what you do and do it well. If a task is once begun, never leave it till it is done. Be the labor great or small, do it well or not at all. .......................